26 July 2008

Week 9: Thing 21: Podcasting

Well, I knew this would be my challenging activity and it was....but boy was it fun. I decided to create my own podcast for my new Google Site and you can see and hear the results below. I used programs I had never used on my mac before and mixing in GarageBand was easy once I viewed a short tutorial I found on the web. This was challenging for me because I hate the sound of my own voice. I re-recorded my track about 20 times and still would like it to be different. Radio Broadcasters need not fear for their jobs! I kept at it and Voila!.....Not much.... but a start. I was hoping to use it on my Google Site for my Orientation classes (Introduction to Day One Class) but there is no way to upload this Quicktime movie onto a Google Site page and Google Documents won't support this format as well. It is amazing I could add it to this Google blog. By the way, the upload only took about 2 minutes in this blog entry....a lot shorter than adding video to a blog entry which I have done previously.

I did explore the podcast directories and now subscribe to a Web 2.0 podcast. I am not really thrilled with what I found but will spend more time exploring later. Now...if I could find a way to play my subscribed podcasts in the car on the way to work in the morning...I would be very interested.



No comments: