23 June 2008

Week Four: RSS Feeds

Gary Price introduced me to the world of blogging before I even heard the word "Blog". After I first heard him at Millersville University, I was a faithful reader of his "ReferenceShelf" and I am still an avid reader of this blog today despite the fact that I now very selective about what I choose to read in his blog. The acronym "RSS" appeared so many times in his blog that I had to find out what they were all about and I set up Google Reader about a year and a half ago. Most of the technology tools or websites I now use I first learned about via an RSS feed. The best thing about an RSS reader is that they give you a little taste of the article.. just enough to decide if you are interested in reading the rest of the entry.

I use so many of the Google webtools that it was convenient for me to set up Google Reader. Today I have the following feeds going in to my reader:
  • Infinite Thinking Machine (Not as many postings anymore.)
  • Neverending Search (Joyce you are amazing!)
  • Librarian of Fortune
  • ResourceShelf
  • Stephen's Lighthouse (Just subscribed.)
  • The macosxhints.com (Too much to keep up with here but some great tips)
  • Webware.com (Just trying this out...too much to keep up with as well)

No comments: