26 June 2008

Week 5: Image Generators, Awards, and Rolling

Image Generators ----

Yes, definitely another fun assignment...Check this out! Had to come back to provide a better introduction to this week's entry's. Task was to have fun with some online tools that allow you to edit images. Some of these tools gave you a selection of photos and others let you use your own. The NYC photos are my own. The "Checking Out...." header links you to the website tool that was used to create the images. Hope you have as much fun as I did.

Checking Out Image Chef!

Couldn't resist!

How can they stand being walked on all day?
A little leery about attaching a name to a picture.

Checking Out Big Blue Labs

Little frustrated with ads until I saw "save" link.

Web 2.0 Awards ----
  • I looked at several of the categories on this web award list and decided to look at the map tools. I even added one of the maps to this blog. It is in the following link or previous entry. Looks like Frappe is like a page counter. Everyone who visits the blog entry can add a marker to the map. Pretty cool if everyone would do it.
  • I really liked Community Walk, this map tool let me put markers on my own map. This tool could be used to help students with mapping skills. Lots of ideas come to mind for lessons using this tool. Just think of a world wide tour of museums and historical spots around the world. I will have to let my social studies friend in on this little gem. Here's a link to the map I started in this web tool.

Rollyo ----
  • Oh NO! Another, to do project! This is going to have to wait...as well. I am going on vacation in two days. I finally understand what this has to offer. Too bad it limits the number of websites that can be added to the search tool. Here is a link to Mrs. B's Rollyo. I probably won't be using this due to the limitations but this is an easier to use web tool than Google's Custom Search which I use all the time. If you scroll down on the Mrs. BQuiet's Online Resources page you will find my list of Google Custom Search tools that I have used with the students in my HS and now the MS. A little more difficult to set up than Rollyo but will allow you to add websites to the database with Google Marker. Pretty Cool. About the todo...I am going to find my favoite Web 2.0 websites and put them in this search tool. I already have a lot more than 25.

Nings ----
  • Signed up for the Library 2.0 Ning and then explored the capabilities of creating my own Ning. Much to my chagrin...cause I didn't have the time. Here it is....Hempfield Librarians....I haven't the time yet but I will be inviting all the librarians in the district to join. We meet so few times during the school year...just thought they might be interested in checking it out....depends on them if it was worth creating. I guess that is the way that it is with all web tools...depends on how its used, who uses it, and how often it is used.

Traveler IQ ----
  • Knew I would be pathetic at this Traveler IQ game ....already sent to a geography teacher @school!

No comments: